Studio of Graphic Design 1
The Studio of Graphic Design 1 must be the space, monitor, and connetor of contemporary graphic design.
1. The studio is a shared space for experimenting, enthusiasm, and reflection
2. The studio is lead by active designers who work within the context of contemporary grapgic desgin scene.
3. The relationship of students and teachers is based on equality, openness of discussion and constructive approach and includes active transmission of information and development of thinking
4. Students are unique individuals able to define themselves and their work. We encourage students to express themselves verbally both in spoken and written form.
5. Students are proud of working in academic space and are taught to be responsible for their own work.
1. Students actively analyze the assignment, search adequate forms and usage of various media, and define concepts and the scale of their work. We are primarily interested in the process of critical analysis and its thorough documentation.
2. The regular studio discussions and tutorials do not only focus on studio issues. We invite external professionals on a regular basis.
3. The studio teacm communicates and cooperates both on the internal and the external basis. The designer operates as a guidepost. She analyses the overlaps of graphic design and visual communication towards the humanities and other disciplines.
4. The teachers trasmit a maximum of their knowledge and encourages the student to further learning.
1. We cooperate with other Czech and international academic spaces (studios).
2. We effectively use the study offer not only within the FFA; we also take part in interdisciplinary lectures, professional conferences, field trips, independent cultural projects, etc.
3. We activate and create spaces for presenting our studio (organizing exhibitions and other creative projects).
4. We publish our students' work and further help them to present it.
5. We encourage international exchanges of students
6. Students are invited to participate in the teachers' activities.